celtic lady's rants

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I'm Back!!!!
OHMYGODDESS! New York was amazing! I honestly went because I had never been (oh, o.k. and maybe to sing at Carnegie) and thought it would be one of those things that I could cross off my list and say, "Been there, done that!" But, NO! I think I am in love with Manhatten. I am actually going to go back the first chance I get!! The city is amazing and although we crammed lots in between rehearsals...the list of things that I want to go back and do is HUGE!
So, here I am back to the real world, safe and sound, thanks to "Captain (Willy) American Airlines" and no thanks to the weather in Chicago. I will post this weekend with all the delicious details of the weekend. Pictures, I am sure, will take longer!

15 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please come and read about our adventures in Willabaugh County at my The Swampwonker blog. theswampwonker.blogspot.com
I think you'll like it.

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

post some pictures will ya!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

Lance, teach me how!!! *laugh* I am not digital so I have to develop and getit on disc.... and it only took me three hours to flip, load and post the fairy pics! Keep the faith...all good things...and all that!

Sal, watch that hug stuff buddy *laugh* ;-)

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger coastalcutie2000 said...

Hey woman,
I thought I had given you a standing invitation to come, visit my blog, write to your little heart's content, whenever you wanted to, FOREVER! But maybe I wasn't clear enough about that.
Are you convinced yet? hahahhahaha

Pictures, lots of pictures!

Waiting anxioulsy,
PCM

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger MYSTIC said...

Small World. I have come to visit in response to your January Invitation. Then I find out we were in the same Snow Storm. I was in DL for a 50th Anniversary to be followed to a trip to NY the next day. Pictures on My Blog. Glad that you loved NY. I used to go there as a child. My daughter got engaged there, on top of the Empire State Bldg on Valentines Day. See Sleepless in Seattle for clues. Glad you stopped by. Come again, I want to chat about this Irish Dance and Singing thing....Practice Practice Practice..the only way to get to Carnegie Hall...Congrats!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger MYSTIC said...

Thanks for the comments>>>Now advice...Get a digital Camera. They are inexpensive now and will pay for themselves in film developement cost savings. Then go to google and download Picasa 2 into your computer (Free also) This will allow you to upload to your Blog at a push of a button. Then you can put pics of your lil fairy all over the place. (THEY WERE LOVELY BY THE WAY. All the things you saw on my site can be done with just that...try it you'll like it. Plug in camera and the computer does the rest...it's almost that easy. Give yourself a gift...get the camera..Ask Your friends about them...

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can wait for you darling. The years how they come and go so fast. Please hurry!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Hoochie Mama said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear and see more!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

pcm: jeez, give me something to read! You are worse than me! :-)

mystic: watch for a post on irish dance...it is an incredible "world of its own! I will get right on that digital thing...in all my spare time *laugh*.

Lance: Oh, how I WISH a man like you was "waiting" for me but the "darling" is a nice touch. Bythe way, I can't decide if I like the front or the back of you better in those little pics byyour comments ;-).

Blither: Thanks Sweet Girl! Hey, remind me by e-mail how to get to Blither street (sunny day, everytings a-ok, friendly neighbors...lalala)

Addict: I was SO cool! By the way, where are you in Salem...e-mail sometime?

TG: Glad you are here...more soon!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Pirate said...

I am glad you made it backsafely. The Hilton called and they want their towels back.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

Good goddess! It's the pirate!! Actually, it was the Grand Hyatt and I only took ONE goose down pillow!!! ;-)

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

You know, I've always wanted to snag a pillow from one of those hoity toity places - never had the nerve. :) What clothes did you leave behind to fit it into your suitcase without anyone noticing?

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay in my hometown. It's another whole world, isn't it?

Can't wait to read your upcoming posts and to see your pictures ... take Mystic's advice ... if I can get a picture up on my site, anyone can!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Martini Love said...

Sounds like a blast... can I just tell you I am jealous but in a good way :)

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my feet are taping for posts.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger bricotrout said...

i think you were heading back the same day i was heading out. i changed planes in minneapolis but the weather there was fine but i knew chicago got slammed.
and what? no picctures of you on the stage? whats up with that?and i think lance means 'tapping' youll have to get used to his type-o's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home