celtic lady's rants

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

O.K. O.K. O.K.!!!

So, Lance has shamed me into posting!!! He is so incredibly inspiring with his writing AND is impatiently tapping his foot! However, with limited time due to "grading week" at school, I have not gone to get the NYC pictures developed (Yeah, I know, get a digital camera) but will try to this weekend....so, what you get, for now, is a fun but lame, meme thing, so you will know everything you may have wanted or not wanted to know about me! So, there!

Fascinating Fours

4 things I need each morning
*the snooze button, at least twice
*a hug from the goddess girl
*my badge to get into the school
*Nelson & Terry in the morning on 105.1 The Buzz

4 things that turn me off
*bad manners
*self important people
*bad grammer
*mean people

4 things I believe in
*the Spirit
*the unconditional love of my family
*the power of prayer
*goodness and truth

4 things I am afraid of
*not being around to see my daughter to adulthood
*dissappointing people (have to work on and redefine that!)
*dying young
*oh, fine...things that crawl fast!

4 things I do everyday
*read
*pray
*music
*journal

4 things I want to do before I die
*live in Ireland
*see my daughter as a happy, healthy adult
*become a master teacher
*be comfortable with death

4 people I want to see
*my best friend from living in AZ, Kirstin
*my first love in Bellingham, Washington (I know, be careful what you wish for!)
*my brother and his partner, who have been in Thailand since October
*my dad who passed away 15 years ago, even for just a day

4 numbers that rule my life
*my cell phone number
*20....mph in school zones on the way to work
*6 and 8...the channels for my two favorite shows
*what ever dates Irish dance competitions fall on

4 favorite colors
*black (dresses and pants)
*blue
*green
*lavender
(I am a Monet freak!!)

4 parts of my heritage
*half Austrian (grandparents moved to Washington from Austria)
*half Irish
*
*
(I am sure other things are mixed in with the Irish ;-)

4 favorite songs (for today, because this is ever changing. I have favorites from chorus, favorites from radio, CD's, movies etc.)
*Tis the Last Rose of Summer (sung by the goddess girl at dance competitions)
*We Are (by Sweet Honey in the Rock)
*Jesus Take the Wheel (by Carrie Underwood)
*anything Andrea Bocelli wants to crone to me as I am dropping off to sleep

4 hobbies
*reading
*drum circle
*chorus, rehearsing, performing
*Irish dance mom (a wee bit like a second job around St. Patrick's Day)

4 places I want to visit
*Ireland (of course)
*Greece (in a little house right by the sea)
*Australia
*NYC again!

4 ways I am unsteriotypically female (this is hard...I am such a GIRL!)
*I don't especially like to shop, at least not without a mission.
*I LOVE power tools and am really pissed that Home Depot has cheaper "toys" than girly stores.
*I dont' like to sit around and gossip with other women...actually most of the women I know don't like gossip. (Thus, the word stereotype?)
*I watch evey game of MARCH MADNESS!!!!!

4 people I want to tag...
well, they probably won't do it because they are busy writing "real" stuff but I am interested in Lance (tapping my foot waiting!) and Pirate (who needs to stay away from the hand washing, so has extra time). Then there is Pacific Mom (who needs a new post more than I do) and Blither (who one can never know too much about because she is so adorable).



7 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger coastalcutie2000 said...

Good morning Woman,
I know, I know, but I wouldn't be on everyone's tag list If I posted every week, hheeeee, so there!

Please consider this your official invite to come to my site and read and post FOREVER!
PCM

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Pirate said...

i don't think you have been completely forthright here. were is the mentioning of wild ass parties and your lust for young 20 year old men?

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

Pirate!!!! Shhhhhhhhh!!! It said four things I need every morning...not night!!! and he was 24!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger The Village Idiot said...

hope my "Cock" didn't cause you too much trauma!!!

Happy Friday to you!

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

Okay, so now I have to visit the village idiot again because of that comment.

I LOVE your list of fours! Great stuff ... it's so much fun to learn more about our fellow (and fellowette) bloggers, isn't it?

Here's a tidbit about me that just might interest you some ... my daughter's father (my ex) is distantly related to Michael Flatley. (that's his last name too)

I LOVE watching Irish dance!!!

Hey, next time you're going to be in NYC ... let me know way ahead and I can try to meet up with you there for tea. :)

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Genna said...

UGH!! Mean people!! Drive me NUTS!!

I loved this post. As a new visiter, it really gave me a nice glimpse of who you are! Thank you for posting this!!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

genna, you are welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home