Making the decision to have a child-it's momentous! It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.....
Elizabeth Stone
As you can tell, reading my blog, Sierra is my light and my life, as it should be! She has shared my journey through struggles over the years with love, courage, grace and incredible wisdom. Now she faces the biggest struggle that any child possibly could, the loss of a parent. Her father died suddenly in May, leaving unanswered questions, dying hopes and no goodbyes! While I know that we have been blessed in so many ways, great family, good health, and knowing the love of the Spirit, it gives me incredible pain to see her heart hurting. I just want to be able to pick up the pieces of her shattered heart and glue them seamlessly back together with no sign of scarring! This must be the balance of all the incredible joy, beauty and pride that she brings to my life!
10 Comments:
Dearest Sierra,
There is nothing I could write to you here that would make your pain any less. But perhaps you will feel a little less alone if I tell you that I know what you are going through. I lost my father suddenly too. As far fetched as it seems right now, the pain will slowly fade some in time. I pray that the Goddess takes you in her arms and gives you comfort as well. Ann
I am so sorry for your loss. I have not visited your blog in many months and am so sad to come at this time when you are facing such a challenge. Your daughter will grow from this, I know.
from Hamlet, Act one, Scene two.
Will Shakespere's words are better than mine....they helped me some when my Dad died.
QUEEN GERTRUDE
Good Hamlet, cast thy nighted colour off,
And let thine eye look like a friend on Denmark.
Do not for ever with thy vailed lids
Seek for thy noble father in the dust:
Thou know'st 'tis common; all that lives must die,
Passing through nature to eternity.
HAMLET
Ay, madam, it is common.
QUEEN GERTRUDE
If it be,
Why seems it so particular with thee?
HAMLET
Seems, madam! nay it is; I know not 'seems.'
'Tis not alone my inky cloak, good mother,
Nor customary suits of solemn black,
Nor windy suspiration of forced breath,
No, nor the fruitful river in the eye,
Nor the dejected 'havior of the visage,
Together with all forms, moods, shapes of grief,
That can denote me truly: these indeed seem,
For they are actions that a man might play:
But I have that within which passeth show;
These but the trappings and the suits of woe.
KING CLAUDIUS
'Tis sweet and commendable in your nature, Hamlet,
To give these mourning duties to your father:
But, you must know, your father lost a father;
That father lost, lost his, and the survivor bound
In filial obligation for some term
To do obsequious sorrow: but to persever
In obstinate condolement is a course
Of impious stubbornness; 'tis unmanly grief;
It shows a will most incorrect to heaven,
A heart unfortified, a mind impatient,
An understanding simple and unschool'd:
For what we know must be and is as common
As any the most vulgar thing to sense,
Why should we in our peevish opposition
Take it to heart? Fie! 'tis a fault to heaven,
A fault against the dead, a fault to nature,
To reason most absurd: whose common theme
Is death of fathers, and who still hath cried,
From the first corse till he that died to-day,
'This must be so.' We pray you, throw to earth
This unprevailing woe, and think of us
As of a father: for let the world take note,
You are the most immediate to our throne;
And with no less nobility of love
Than that which dearest father bears his son,
Do I impart toward you. For your intent
In going back to school in Wittenberg,
It is most retrograde to our desire:
And we beseech you, bend you to remain
Here, in the cheer and comfort of our eye,
Our chiefest courtier, cousin, and our son.
I know the pain of losing parents, I'm so sorry for her loss.
We all would like our childrens hearts to go unscarred, oh, how I wish this was possible. (Hugs my friend)
Time will help heal, although she has many rough times ahead, Let her be proactive in her healing by doing something nice for someone else or a charity in his memory. It helped me tremendously.
i had heard that quote before long agao. thanks for brining it back.
sooo... were up to blogging once a month now? wasnt it you telling me to unpack the computer already? youre as hypocritical as the republican party!
p.s.s oh, yeah... you been tagged!
I'm so sorry about Sierra's father. I'm sure there is pain for you as well. I will be thinking of you both.
I've heard that quote many times, too and it is very, very true. I think that the 'heart' feeling keeps getting stronger and the hurt, deeper when it happens, as they get older.
Blessings to you both.
So sorry for your loss. May you both find some peace in his memories. God Bless
I had never read this before. It made me feel really good mom! I love you. :)
Do you still read your blog? Hi it is Lance do you remember me? I need your help. Can you contact me. Lockhart777@yahoo.com or my cell 6152324690
Post a Comment
<< Home