
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife.
I’d thank my lucky stars to be living here today,
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can’t take that away.
And I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the troops who died, who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.
From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee,
across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea,
From Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA,
Well, there’s pride in every American heart,
and it’s time to stand and say:
I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the troops who died, who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.


5 Comments:
Just passing through - hail hail the veterans!!
It is great to see you honoring all those who have served us in the US, we are truly blessed!
I too, hope they come home soon. But more than that, I hope the people stand behind them and take care of them when they do come home, unlike the Vets from Vietnam.
May God bless each and everyone of them.
Soldiers and vets are the instruments of foreign policy. They execute foreign policy, hence the term "executive branch" of government. Because they are interlinked so closely, disgust with one can unfairly lead to disgust with the other. (example, Vietnam)
Governments in general would like you to link them backwards...celebrating the soldiers would presumably reflect well on foreign policy. This tendency leads to cloudy thinking.
Myself, I celebrate the soldiers and hope that their civilian masters have enough brains to utilize them properly. So far, so good. (mostly)
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with turkey, pumpkin pie and many blessings!
Post a Comment
<< Home