celtic lady's rants

Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!
***
May the light always find you on a dreary day
When you need to be home, may you find your way
May you always have courage to take a chance
As you take each step in life's joyful dance
***
A happy St. Paddy's Day to all of ye!! This is, for obvious reasons, the major holiday in our home!
My morning started in my classroom with 27 second graders peeking under traps they set yesterday, to catch Larry the Leprechaun (a long term resident in the room). Squeals of delight bounced off the walls when they found green foot prints meandering from trap to trap and seeing that the traps had fallen as intended. There was little disappointment when they found, under each trap, not Larry, but candy, necklaces, green plastic coins and confetti. What fun we have had all day!
My week began and will end with dance, dance, dance! The mini goddess daughter is a competitive and performing Irish dancer. She competed in Washington State all weekend and has dance every night this week, either in performance or practice. She will dance five performance tonight in two different towns and tomorrow up I-5. Sounds tough? Only on the Irish dance moms who get to do hair and make up, feed the crew and shuttle their cute little Irish bums all over the state! Stay tuned for a dance blog next week to include lots of fun pictures!
Wednesday evening, the dancers were at a hospital performing in a dining room for a cardiac care recovery group. The little dancers did their cute, lovely little soft shoe dances and then the daughter and her champion friends came on to poound out the "Riverdance" type hardshoe pieces. During the large group number, a security gaurd comes in, looking rather sheepish and says to the coordinator, "Uh....there is a lady downstairs....uh....delivering her baby....and, uh...this is really pissing her off....could you STOP!?" BAHAHAHAHA! Well, the dance moms, some of who have done that duty four or five times, just kid of looked at each other, like, jeeez, doesn't she have enough to worry about. The coordinator just kind of looked at the guy. He left, we finished the show and we assume the baby was born and probably wasn't named Patrick! I have f0r sometime wanted to get a shirt that says, "DEATH TO ALL ACCORDIAN PLAYERS" but have been told that the daughter may not medal at fiesanna (competitions) with her mother in that shirt....testy bunch, those Irish dance judges. But, I do not recall caring what happened around me during labor...hell, they could have had a bagpipe convention march through and I would not have noticed!
By the way, the last line of the blessing above, before I rewrote it was "and never find frogs in your underpants"....HONEST! ;-)

17 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger bricotrout said...

you wouldnt have noticed a bagpipe convention? come on now!
oh yeah, you been linked

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

Ahhhhh, spoken like a man that has not gone through labor...wait a minute....something wrong with hat sentence. Oh, well, it's Friday!!!!
WOOOOHOOOOO linked by the brico!!!
*happy dance* Cool!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

Happy SP Day to you too my friend!

I have to laugh every time I read about the mini-goddess because from almost the day my daughter was born, I've always referred to her as "the goddess in training" ... some of my IRL friends have become so accustomed to this practice that we're now down to referring to her as the GIT.

I knew you'd be up to your eyeballs in dancing this week, but I did want to drop by to wish you the best of the best on this day and also to thank you for playing along on The Outpost.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Pirate said...

many a grren beers have bee had by this old block.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

WH: I just love your writing! You are the queen of the writing goddesses no doubt!

Pirate: The kids danced four shows at Jonathan's downtown last night and I was standing there wishing I had let you know about it! They brought the house down...four times! Quite the crowd!....and the mini-goddess girls frist trip to a pub!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Pirate said...

are you still trying to get out from under all that green beer?

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

Only one Corona for the dance mom! Sad and quite un-Irish! I am comforted knowing that you covered the Valley's input of green beer...yes?! ;-) Be careful of the answer as your reputation is at stake!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What an uplifting blog! I'm cheered by your gusto for life and quite in awe of your daughter's mother. She's a lucky little girl. God Bless.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger coastalcutie2000 said...

There my friend, all hooked up. Now lets see what happens...

Loved your St. Patty's post!

So, what happened with yer date?

PCM

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

babygirl, welcome and thnk you! Hope to see you often. I, too, am blessed with a fabulous daughter!

PCM, I will e-mail ;-)

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger coastalcutie2000 said...

Hye woman, I put you in my blog, write about you, and you don't even bother to read it!? I am soooo saaaaaddddd.
We're supposed to keep up with each other's rantings, remember?

PCM

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger coastalcutie2000 said...

Woman, you missed April Fools....

Update!

Please, I miss you!

PCM

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger bricotrout said...

um, soooo... you still out there?

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger MYSTIC said...

Did you break your finger over St. Pat's Day. I've heard of tap shoes so how about tapping out a few lines, it would appear that you are causing concern amongst your many fans..Some April Fools Day Joke. Hope all is well.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

I thought I would try the Pirate thing....disappear and see if everyone goes into a 60 comment frenzy...but, alas, not enough fans! *laugh* I am just BUSY at school and being irish dance taxi and blah, blah, blah! BUT, I did recieve my HP digital camera and photosmart in the mail this weekend! NOW, I just need to get on line at home! I promise to post before the weekend is over! Many pictures, too!

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger MYSTIC said...

Welcome back to the Land of the Blog. Can't wait to see what digitizing does for your creativity. Many Irish Dance Costume Competitions I would suspect...HAVE FUN and take pictures of things YOU like.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

yummy: THAT is quite an offer!!! Who are you? )One should always know that before taking a bite!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home