celtic lady's rants

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A B C D E F G.......
So, when Brico asks if anyone wants to play, of course any living, breathing woman of sound (?) mind says, "Hell yeah!" He handed out letters to all willing participants and I waved my hand frantically and got the letter A. I don't think I was first in line....I actually think he is such a popular guy that he worked his way through the alphabet and had to start again.
Anyway, here's how it goes...Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. On your blog, write ten words that begin with that letter and include an explanation of what the word means to you and why. Pass out letters to those who want to play along!

Here's mine...

A is for....
Anton: My step daughter's sweet angel son that was born last month with mountain size challenges. We love you sweet boy!

Awesome: The word I use far too much but which puts a huge smile on the face of a second grader when used to describe their work. Nothing like a big thumbs up and "AWESOME!" I bet we wouldn't mind hearing that from our bosses on a regular basis!

Audition: *gasp* *cough* *swoon* *hack* Just the word takes my breath away! As much as I love singing and performing, I HATE solo auditions!

Athletic: So, the mini-goddess has become a prize-winning competitive Irish Dancer, which we consider athletic, but just in case others don't, she has become a shot put and discus thrower this Spring, headed for the All-City meet! U of O, watch out!

Aspen: Good goddess!!! Have you seen this child?? She is Brico's lovely daughter. And if the flaming, red hair and sweet smile is not enough, the child is a talented artist and witty as can be! Love that girl!

A**hole: O.K. I am spilling it here in public! That is the word of choice (well, maybe not choice, since it just flies out all by itself), used when some a**hole fails to yeild, tailgates or does some other a**hole thing that put me and my daughter in harms way. Funny, it only flies out in the car?!

Andrea: As in Bocelli! It would be enough just to sit and gaze at that man....but NO, he has to open his mouth and sing and completely crush us. Then, just to make it MORE painful, he has to do it in Italian!

Australia: In keeping with the theme of gorgeous men with accents....must get to Australia some day to hang out by the barbee with lovely men with lovely accents! Then swing by the rugby field to drink massive amounts of ale and watch the big, hunky guys in their little shorts! (This was YOUR idea, Brico!)

Amniocentesis: Yeah, I know, really weird. But, I have always loved this word. NOT the definition, just the word. Don't know why...it just kind of sounds cool...yep, I have always wanted to talk like the t.v. docs as they reel off orders in the ER.

Avoid: I have always avoided mean people, conflict and stupid-by-choice people! Maybe because I was raised to always "be nice"...which I somehow translated into putting up with crap! Now that I have gotten over that, I now only avoid situations I can do nothing to change. Things I can change, I try to deal with head-on.

O.K. so there it is......wanna play???

14 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger coastalcutie2000 said...

hit me, lady with my letter...

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

Woohoo! Playmates! Ummmmm,hmmmmm, how about "G" (as in graduate, *wink* *wink*)?! Let me know when you are done!

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I will play! Thanks for dropping by my blog and inviting me over. :) I have to read more posts once I get a chance but wanted to let you know I stopped by. :wave:

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Sweeti said...

OK, I'll play this could be fun or funny depending on the letter. Are any topics out or is it my discretion within my boundaries.

PS is it Iris time right now down there? If so where do I go?

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

Yea! Playmates!

vee: Glad you found your way here. Would love to have you back for reading and comments! Hmmm...how about "L"! Have fun and let me know when you post it.

Sweet: argh! I wish I had read this yesterday. This morning was the Iris Festival Parade on River Road. You can still catch the carnival and trips to the big Iris Gardens tomorrow (Sunday). So, how about the letter "S"....for sweet, of course! I would think that letter calls for no boundaries ;-). Hey, it is your blog, sweetie! Have fun.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Sweeti said...

Allrighty then "S" it is...Sweet

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is someone looking for roof work?

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

Lance: Are you offering?! ;-)
A giant thunder-lightening-hail-downpour blew in yesterday evening but the sun is back and you may feel absolutely free to wear those shorts!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

Big WAVE to Ocean *laugh*. How about the letter "M"?

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

I've sen this "list" on a few blogs now and have kept from commenting just so I wouldn't get a letter...lol....but I'll play along.

I loved that you used "Aspen"....she is sooooooo adorable I'm not sure how Brico contains himself....Love must just oooze out of him everyday with her.

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok finaly finished mine! :) Sorry it took me so long.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger coastalcutie2000 said...

I finished mine too!

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Dak-Ind said...

what a great game... i hope i am not too late to play.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

dak-ind: I will stop by your place with your letter.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home