celtic lady's rants

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Pirate is Found....
I think I have solved the case of the missing Pirate! While driving through Portland Thursday afternoon, we were greeted with the sight of two pirate ships sailing up the river. As they passed under the Morrison Bridge, cannons roared with a show of flames and billowing smoke! Locals have been invited on "tours" of the ships (don't trust 'em ladies) and warned that pirates may be seen along the

waterfront during the Rose Festival, no doubt in search of bars and bar wenches!!! Be aware fine young lasses of Western Oregon! Trust not a Pirate, eloquent with words and a wickedly tempting smile!
(check out the actual story at www.katu.com/entertainment/story.asp?ID=86435

18 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You discovered his secret. He was the Pirate on the plank. Yelling, "Loyal to none!!!"...... JK

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Libby said...

yay!! you found where he may be hiding out at!! now, search among the wenches for him, and good luck!!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

I sure do miss reading his posts....hopefully he'll come back to blogland soon.

I'd love to be on one of those ships..looks cool!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Networkchic said...

I've always thought pirates were intriguing...

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes I especially love the Johnny Depp pirate. lol ;)

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Dak-Ind said...

we are heading up to Portland this weekend ourselves. Not for the rose festival, but to take Indy to the zoo. His babysitter will be going along with us, as she has never been there. Seems a crime to me to grow up in the Willamette Valley and not to have been to the Oregon Zoo (i still call it washington park zoo but i get weird looks for that)

If we are lucky perhaps all the traffic will be downtown enjoying the last weekend of the Rose Festival!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aye matey~~ I say we sneak up on the scoundral as he's partaking of the rum and perhaps distracted by the wenches (;) if yer know what aye mean) and grab him up and keelhaul him!!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Black eye patch doesn't cut it, I have found. Next time I'm going into the bar with a peg leg. Go for the sympathy vote.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger coastalcutie2000 said...

My son was on a field trip to Portland when the ships were there and he go to see them, too.

Lucky dogs! I wanna see pirates.

Guess I will have to wait for Johnny Depp in July...
Growl!!! wink wink

PCM

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger STAG said...

We got a Pirate Festival coming this summer (actually, near the end of summer, last two weeks of August and Labour Day) which will feature merrie wenches, naughty knaves, and vendors who could tempt the devil to hand over his horns! Fort York in Toronto. Be there or be .... keelhauled!
Actually I am quite excited about this show...it is the only thing Canada has that is even remotely like a Renaissance Faire, and I plan to enjoy it to the fullest. And it'll be in the fall so there will be fresh fruit stands everywhere.
(Boy do I sound like a tourist promoter! But guys! Pirates!)
Call me if you need crash space.

Bill

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger coastalcutie2000 said...

Hey Lady,
You gonna make us wait a month again before you post?

I sincerely hope that all is well and just busy in your life!!!

Take care and write soon, OK?

PCM

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

Greetings everyone! I sort of got waylayed myself lately! Not by pirates but by the end-of-the-school-year-grading-days stuff and junk! Yea! SUMMER! Hopefully I will spend more time here but as I am not on-line at home it may be a bit sporatic! Please stop by now and then to see me! I will try not to be as obnoxious in my absence as Pirate!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Ah the Rose Parade. My grandfather was a deputy sheriff in Multloma County Motorcycle Squad and sometimes worked the parade. That was way, way back.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

Just popping in to say hello and hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer so far.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Celtic Lady! I have been looking to see what you have been up to. Hope you are doing well and are just enjoying your summer. :)BTW thanks for continuing to stop by my blog...it doesn't get much action. lol

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Libby said...

what the hell is up?? did you run off with a pirate, or what??

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

Libby....ewwwwww! ;-) I loke men that shower regularly!
Hey, everyone....o.k. o.k. I am almost done with my week-after-reportcards of sipping iced blackberry tea, reading and napping liberally.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger bricotrout said...

that movie is going to be the best one out all summer! you watch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home