celtic lady's rants

Thursday, July 13, 2006


No Excuses....Just Summer!

So, I thought to say I am sorry for no new posts....but ya know...it IS summer, which is next to heaven, in the Pacific Northwest! But for those of you who insist on explanation...here you go...
I would have posted but......I had to go out to Daffodil Hill Farms and pick bundles (well, maybe large bails) of fresh lavender to spread all over my house and share with friends!
I would have posted....but there was the World Beat Festival and then Da Vinci Days and then the Portland Rose Festival and then......well, you know!
I would have posted but......I was out strolling through the strawberry fields in 80 degree weather, under the light blue skies dappled with fluffy clouds, picking berries (and eating a few) right off the vines.

I would have posted but.....well, you get the picture! If you are waiting for posts....uh...pray for rain in Oregon? Seriously, though, I hope you are all having a joyous summer. Take time to relax and be good to yourselves.

9 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Libby said...

thank you for these pictures, ocl! reminds me of summer when tif was a lot younger (say, 7 or 8...now she's 22, & i hardly see her!)!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

I love summertime...it's my favorite time of year....(mostly because I hate being cold...lol) Loved the photos. Glad to see you are enjoying your summer.

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you are on the board!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger bricotrout said...

and then you shared the lavender with us too. how thoughtful!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Sweeti said...

It's 85 and that lake spot looks pretty inviting. Where is it?

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

Ocean: the lavender is amazing. We are harvesting the last of it Monday!
Libby: I love lakes!
BBS: Hope your summer is lovely as well!
Lance:So glad to see you back and so happy about the SW thing!
Brico: E-mail your address and I will send you some lavender things! I DO share....just not my toys! ;-)
Sweet: We camp at a lake called Detroit Lake west of the Willamette Valley on the way to Eastern Oregon!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger coastalcutie2000 said...

Can I have some too?!! I LOVE lavender. Is there a daffodil hill in Oregon too? We have one here in California in the gold country and it was my absolute favorite haunt when I lived there...

I am soooo jealous.

PCM

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics! I "wish" I could relax and enjoy my summer like you are. :)

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Dak-Ind said...

if you notice the sporadicness over at my blog... i have the same excuses. but add sitting by the wading pool letting the baby splash and bbqing on the back patio!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home